For those who don't already know, myki is Melbourne's public transport ticketing system. A myki, being a smartcard, is like any other plastic card - it's easy to carry and easy to lose. How do you recover your credit if you've lost your myki?
If you'd registered your myki the process is easy:
- Log into the myki portal
- Go to 'Forms library' -> 'Report a lost or stolen myki'
- Call PTV (Public Transport Victoria) at 1800 800 007
- Tell them what the card number is
- Keep a top up receipt
- Paid that top up with a credit card or EFTPOS
- Find a PTV staff member willing to help you
The 1800 800 007 phone support is supposed to help with issues like this but they probably won't bother. You have to keep talking to different staff members until you find one who will help you.
 If you keep running into unhelpful PTV employees, find Henrik or Helen at the Southern Cross PTV Hub. They will assist you.